H. A. Hartman & Son Storage
Self Storage Facility in Harrisburg, PA
H. A. Hartman & Son Storage is the oldest storage facility in the greater Harrisburg area. Our storage warehouse was built in 1901 by Highspire Whiskey to store 13,500 whiskey barrels. When prohibition went into effect in 1918, Highspire Whiskey placed their first ad in the Harrisburg Telegraph offering storage to the public. Self-storage became so popular; an Otis elevator was installed in 1924 for automobiles that we still use today. In 1942, John A. Hartman purchased the storage warehouse, the Hartman Storage sign was painted over the old Highspire Distillery sign, and the rest is history. When viewed in the daylight from the south, the Distillery letters can be seen bleeding through. We're proud to carry on its legacy of providing what we believe is the best value for storage in Central Pennsylvania.